1937 Bugatti Type 57 (57C)
A new arrival to Oldtimer Australia is this STUNNING 1937 Bugatti Type 57 (57C).
This car is on display at the Oldtimer Australia stand at Motorclassica from the 11th – 13th October.
– Documented in Bugattis in Australia and New Zealand 1920 – 2012 by Bob King.
– Sold new in June 1937 through Baptifaut, Paris, France.
– Early history unknown, other than it spent time in The Netherlands.
– The car found its way to North America, most likely in the early 1960’s, where an early owner was Peter Falk, the actor who played Columbo in the TV series of the same name.
– The car was acquired for the current owner by Oldtimer Australia from actor Nicholas Cage in the USA in September 2002.
– At that time the car was in need of restoration and a decision was made to replace the original Ventoux body with an Atlantic style body.
– The car retains its original matching numbers engine.
– The body was built by Graeme Smith.
– Timber work by Anton Walker.
– Paint by Bellbrae Panel & Paint.
– Trim by Garry Blackman Trimmimg.
– All mechanical works were completed by Greg Smith, which included fitting a supercharger.
– The restoration was completed in late 2008 and the car has been used sparingly since.
- 11597 miles