Oldtimer Australia is a boutique business focussed on matching buyers and sellers of high end or unique sports, racing and classic cars.
The business was acquired by the current owner back in October 2011. After more than twenty-five years in senior executive roles in the corporate world, the owner embarked on a sea change and is now running a very successful business in the field of his hobby and passion, that being the world of classic cars.
Oldtimer Australia is a recognised ‘market leader’ that continues to make a significant impression on the classic car landscape, both within Australia and internationally.
The business operates from a private showroom based in Northgate, which is 7km from Brisbane airport and 10km from the Brisbane CBD.
For more information on Oldtimer Australia please visit our website: https://www.oldtimeraustralia.com/
We are now seeking to appoint an Executive Assistant / Business Administrator to join our small team. This role supports the owner and managing director and is responsible to manage the day-to-day administration of the business.
The position can either be permanent part time or full time. We are able to offer some flexibility regarding work days and hours to attract the best possible candidate. It is envisioned the role will require four to five days per week of six to eight hours per day.
Being a small business the role will be extremely diverse and will suit someone who has the drive and initiative to do what’s required to get the job done and ensure the business is successful.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Support the owner / managing director on a day-to-day basis and assist with: emails & diary management, book travel, general business issues on a day-to-day basis and from time to time personal matters.
- Undertake the majority of the administration for the business including accounts payable and receivable, the administration of the company trust account, banking and the completion of paperwork associated with buying, consigning and selling cars.
- Complete all of the bookwork and accounts for the business using MYOB Live Accounts.
- Processing and editing photos as well as making short videos to promote our cars.
- Keep the company website (developed in WordPress) and others up to date with new listings, including the managing of photographs, videos etc. used for promoting the cars.
- Manage all of the general advertising and marketing which will include preparing the adverts for various magazines, websites and flyers to promote cars and other targeted marketing initiatives.
- Prepare and manage a monthly company e-newsletter.
- Enter information into the company database which is run on Salesforce.
- Manage the running of the office.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience working as an Executive Assistant to a senior manager as well as high-level general administration experience.
- Be meticulous and have great attention to detail.
- Have exceptional computer skills and be at an intermediate to advanced level with the Microsoft suite of software, MYOB, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to deal with clients.
- Be able to work closely with the owner/managing director but also be self-sufficient and work independently when required.
- Be self-motivated and driven to help the business be successful.
- Show initiative and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be prepared to ‘roll the sleeves up’ and do ‘what is required’ to get the job done.
- Have their own transport.
What we offer you:
- A very modern office environment.
- An inner-city location outside the CBD with free parking.
- The opportunity to join a unique and very progressive business.
- The chance to work in a small close-knit team where you can make a difference.
- A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
Experience in the automotive industry would be ideal but not essential.
Applicants are expected to address the requirements of this position in their covering letter. Generic applications or resumes only will not be considered.
To apply for this unique opportunity please send your written application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday 5th February 2020.