1982 Mercedes Benz 380SL
– Australian delivered (York Motors – Sydney), factory RHD example.
– matching numbers car as confirmed by the factory data card.
– a totally original and unmolested ‘time capsule’.
– hard top / soft top.
– fabulous original colour scheme of red with a black interior.
– full books including the original tags for the cruise control and stereo. They are all MINT.
– fully stamped service book showing impeccable service history.
– documented mileage of 168,350 km.
– one owner car for the majority of its life. The first owner lived in Sydney and moved to the Sunshine Coast circa 2005. The car was recently sold to the ‘next door neighbour’ who need some funds at short notice to finance a business venture.
– the paint has a high gloss and is exceptional for a 35 year ‘young’ car! It is extensively original with the odd paint touch up evident and perhaps the boot has been repainted. There is the odd blemish or stone chip evident also, but you have to look hard!
– the soft top looks to have been ‘rarely used’ and as in very good condition. Though, as a result of ‘tucked away’ for many many years the clear window is showing some signs of yellowing (minor) and there is the odd imperfection the fabric – but I’m being fussy.
– the interior is also in excellent condition, consistent with the rest of the car. The upholstery has no rips or tears and is unmarked. The timber surrounding the gear shifter has a few minor chips which is really the only fault.
– the car starts easily and drives as good as it looks.
- Mercedes Benz 380SL
- 168350 km