1975 BMW 2002 Race Car
The BMW “New Class” cars proved to be a game changer for BMW and in fact the compact little cars probably saved the company from financial ruin. Starting as the BMW 1500 in 1962 and evolving through the 1600 series, 2000 series and ultimately the 2002 series these cars were compact, practical, reliable and offered customers that traditional BMW class.
In total circa 400,000 of the 2002 series car were built from 1968 – 1975 and Oldtimer Australia is pleased to offer this little “pocket rocket” that has been built into a track car.
– Engine: rebuilt circa 2005 and not many miles since. 190 HP, 45mm Weber carbs, gas flowed cylinder head, large bore tube headers, cold air box.
– Gearbox: 5 speed Getrag 262 Sports from BMW 6 series.
– Suspension: Rated Koni shocks and King springs, 6.5” BMW steel wheels, rack & pinion steering.
– Brakes: Discs all round. Large ventilated & drilled discs on the front. Competition pads on the rear.
– Interior: Aluminium roll cage, Velo fibre racing seats, Momo steering wheel & gear shift knob.-
Acquired by the current owner in March 2005 and used sparingly since. The car has been well maintained by RX Automotive in Brisbane and money spent where necessary.
Comes with a purpose built light weight tandem trailer that is registered in QLD trailer.
- BMW 2002
- Race Car
- 38556 KM