1914 Fiat 15/20hp Tipo 2B
Powered by a 4 cylinder 2.8 litre Tipo 53B engine.
– identified by chassis number 29554 with engine number 52875 (523133). What is understood to be the original engine 523133 will accompany the car with a spare flywheel and clutch.
– the car was originally bodied by Cramp Brothers in Hobart.
– the large copper ‘pear shaped’ radiator is rare and possibly unique to cars sold in Australia.
– owned by Cliff Cooper from Adelaide, SA in the 1950’s.
– featured in Australian Motorsports and Automobiles Magazine October 1960 when owned by Cliff Cooper.
– owned by Harold Paynting (the author of the David Flood series of books) in the 1960’s and there is a photograph of the car in the Second James Flood Book of Early Motoring on page 9.
– the car is understood to have changed hands twice before being purchased by the current owner in 1984 from a deceased estate and restored.
– the car was the Best in Class winner for Veteran 4 Cylinder Cars at the Australian Bicentennial Castrol World Rally 1988 Concours d’Etat.
– it was also the overall concours winner at the same event.
– current owner 30+ years.
– this is a stunning, very well presented and driving car.
More information to follow soon.
- Sports Saloon
- 3443 miles